5 Inspired Tips to Spice Up Your Songwriting:
1. Get Started. Brainstorm keywords on any topic for 5 mins. Choose 10 words then spend 5 mins rhyming them. Use this page of words to kick-start your lyrics.
2. Stuck on a lyric? Create 10 alternatives really fast. The key here is getting unstuck.
3. Complicated melody? Simply use your voice. No accompanying instrument. When your melody is created, then put chords to it.
4. Strong on harmony and chord progressions? Restrict yourself to 3 chords and strengthen other elements of your songwriting.
5. Repetitive structure? Start with a chorus.
Read the published works of founder, Francesca de Valence in Songwriting Magazine UK
and APRA AMCOS.